Thursday, December 13, 2012

My Time at PokerListings

Before I leave for Borneo, I had an idea for a post.  About four years ago, I got an email from someone from pokerlistings who basically said that they liked my blog and wanted me to do "comedy" posts.  For free.  Doing something for nothing--it seemed like a great idea!  So I said yes.

I think I made four articles for them.  They were not funny.  Also, some mystery editor kept changing my lines--they were probably too offensive.  The problem was that the changes kept taking away even more the humor.  After I got annoyed enough, I stopped sending them stuff.

So anyhoo, I can't access them here in the UAE.  Pokerlistings is banned here, apparently.  But here are the links.

(By the way, they wanted a picture of me for each article.  I said, "No way."  They insisted, so I said, "Just use the picture of the goofiest looking poker player that you can find online."  So that long haired dude that you see in the article?  He ain't me.  I look much goofier.)

"Developing the Steel Trap of a Micro Grinder"

"Transforming Pennies into Nickels without Black Magic"

"Poker's Egyptian Origins"

"Ish at the Deuce"

Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

  1. this is the greatest holiday leaving present.
    thanks and enjoy rodeo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh the bio is amazing. your hobbies made my cry a tear(s) of laughter.

    ReplyDelete