Thursday, October 4, 2012

Brief Update

Good start to the month in terms of fiction writing.  Today was the best day of the bunch.  

Writing completed: 8 hours
Writing to go: 42 hours

10/1: 2 hours of writing (2 beers consumed)
10/2: 1 hour (0 beers)
10/3: 2 hours (0 beers)
10/4: 3 hours (3 beers consumed)

With eight hours of writing done and only four beers down the hatch, that gives me a beer surplus of plus four three.  

Typing that last sentence felt good.

What does eight hours of writing translate into?  3,683 words, or 13 1/2 double-spaced pages.  I am still working on chapter one.  Every day I feel like I am approaching the end of chapter one.  Every day I finish writing, I realize that I am further from the end of chapter one than I thought at the start of the day.

It's like digging a hole.  The hole just gets bigger.

Or trying to push an elephant on a skateboard up a ramp.  You just get lost in ass.

(And no, I don't use metaphors like this in the story.  Yet.)

No comments:

Post a Comment