Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Recently Downloaded Music

These are the contents of my Recently Added folded on itunes.  bold = great.  italics = bad.  Some real big mistakes on this list.  Don't be too hard on me.

Al Green--Greatest Hits
Amon Tobin--Bricolage
Amon Tobin--Foley Room
Atlas Sound--Parallax
Barry White--All Time Greatest Hits
Bat for Lashes--Two Suns
Bear in Heaven--I Love You, It's Cool
The Books--The Way Out
Caribou--The Milk of Human Kindness
Cloud Nothings--Attack on Memory
Destroyer--Kaputt
Doves--The Places Between: Best of Doves
Fleet Foxes--Helplessness Blues
Four Tet--Everything Ecstatic
Frankie Rose--Interstellar
Grimes--Visions
James Blake--James Blake
Janelle Monae--The Archandroid
Jimmy Smith--Best of Jimmy Smith
17 John Coltrane albums
Lali Puna--I Thought I Was Over That
Lali Puna--Our Inventions
Lotus Plaza--Spooky Action at a Distance
Lykke Li--Wounded Rhymes
Manitoba--Start Breaking My Heart
Manitoba--Up in Flames
Nicolas Jaar--Space Is Only Noise
Oneohtrix Point Never--Replica
Perfume Genius--Put Your Back N 2 It
Radiohead--King of Limbs
Robyn--Body Talk
Robyn--Robyn
Sepalcure (four different EPs)
Sepalcure--Sepalcure
The Shins--Port of Morrow
Simply Red--Greatest Hits
Spiritualized--Sweet Heart Sweet Light
St. Vincent--Strange Mercy
Sunset Rubdown--Dragonslayer
Superchunk--Majesty Shredding
Tune-Yards--WHOKILL (see last post)
TV on the Radio--Nine Types of Light
The United States of America--The United States of America
Youth Lagoon--The Year of Hibernation

Too much to download over the last two weeks or so?  Too little?

--Yakshi

2 comments:

  1. was simply red a misclick‽

    i dunno how you listen to so much in such a short a mount of time? takes me two weeks to listen to one album enough times to know whether or not i like it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted Simply Red for two songs. Turns out that those were the only two songs I liked on the compilation. Both are pretttttttty sappy. Holding Back the Years and Stars. Let the taunting begin.

    You've got a good point. I've listened to all of these albums at least once, but many of them I don't remember anything about. Some I vaguely remember liking on first listen, but I don't remember why. I've had the same old reliable albums for so long, though, that it's nice to have stuff in my collection that is currently unknown to me. Something to spend time discovering. Fun.

    ReplyDelete