Friday, July 27, 2012

Hay

How's it going?  Wow, I'm blogging again after a full month.  I thought it would take me two weeks.  Traveling turns out to be busier than I remembered.

From UAE, I went to Rome for a while, then I went up to Bologna, and then Trento, where I went on a walk and promptly saw a guy gesticulating randomly.  He wasn't wearing a whole lot of clothes.  Anyway, I promptly stopped, and lifted my camera as if I were planning to take a picture of something very important above and behind him.  I had a feeling that he was going to do something interesting, and I didn't want to miss it.  In any case, he flung his arms this way and that.  Then he reached for his undershirt, pulled it off, turned towards me, and I took this photo:

"Welcome to Trento.  Give me your shirt."

Looking at this photo now, I have two questions come to mind.  What was he doing? and Where is his undershirt?  (And when I try to spell undershirt, why do I keep spelling u n d e r s h i t ?)

First answer is that the dude, if not full-blown crazy, was considerably off the hook.  He didn't want his tee shirt on, so fuck it, he was taking his tee shirt off.  Then as I clicked, he began to yawn, so that he simultaneously seemed crazy and bored with his own insanity.  For this reason, this photo has value to me.

Second answer is I have no clue how his tee shirt disappeared.  It was white.  Off white.  Severely off white.  And just seconds before I took this pic, he had been wearing it.  Maybe he jammed it into his ass crack.  Maybe it is on that stone seat behind him.

He appears to be looking at me as I take this shot.  Surprisingly, this turned out not to be the case.  He was turning and yawning and I had the luck to catch him as he was pointing his crazy face in my direction.

Right now I am in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, the major benefits of which are the close proximity of (a) family and (b) live poker played by hillbillies.

Much has happened in the last month, including a temper tantrum of mine that resulted in me painting a hotel room with wine.  I had the presence of mind to take photos of this embarrassing meltdown.  In any case, I will provide updates as the week rolls along.

3 comments:

  1. excellent pic. it's reminded me to tell you i've been building crackhead manager. it's all text based so far, but it has begun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you serious? That's excellent! I wish I knew how to program. How is the new job going?

    ReplyDelete
  3. my programming skills are rudimentary at best! your wish is my command...

    ReplyDelete