Saturday, May 4, 2013

Why I Was Banned from 2+2

Grrouchie asked why I was banned from 2p2 once upon a time.

It's been a while, so I'm not exactly sure, but I'm pretty sure that this is the story:


I was banned because some guy started a thread where he was basically asking for cash (without really asking for cash).  Trying to inspire pity in a really ham-handed way, he said that he was on the verge of sticking his head in the oven.

I made a comment like: "Make sure it's a gas oven.  Otherwise you'll just end up burning your ears."

Then I clicked "Send" with pride.

Giving suicide advice = Lifetime ban


4 comments:

  1. With all the crap that gets spewed on 2+2 -- you got banned for that? Geeeeeez ...

    btw -- the guy begging money wasn't identified by the letters TBC, was he? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I was shocked to be banned.

    I guess one of the mods took the guy seriously.

    Could've been TBC. Don't remember lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. heh, nice.

    I do remember when they were cracking down hard at the time on stuff like that.
    Even giving temp bans to people using the "Die in a grease fire" quote.
    Somewhere around then is when I decided the site wasn't worth even visiting any longer.

    ReplyDelete