Friday, June 22, 2012

Download Pace is Slackening

Busy with school work, I guess.  Oh, and the fact that my laptop monitor flickered for a few minutes and then went almost entirely black this afternoon.  It would've been better if it had gone completely black.  Then I would've been able to see nothing, and I could've been justified in giving up.  Not the case.  My monitor instead got so fucking dim that I was just barely able to see what I needed to see if the light was just right and if I squinted really hard.  Then suddenly this evening, it was working again.  Needless to say, I'll be buying a new laptop over the summer.

New music downloaded over the last few days:

Autechre, Confield
Autechre, Oversteps
Circulatory System, Signal Morning
Devendra Banhart, Cripple Crow
Devendra Banhart, Nino Rojo
Devendra Banhart, Rejoicing in the Hands
Lower Dens, Twin-Hand Movement
Lower Dens, Nootropics
Broadcast, The Noise Made by People
Jack White, Blunderbuss
Best Coast, Crazy for You
The Mountain Goats, The Sunset Tree
The Mountain Goats, The Life of the World to Come
Okkervil River, Black Sheep Boy
Calexico, Hot Rail
Radiohead, The Bends (I've owned it and lost it twice)
Gorillaz, Gorillaz
MGMT, Congratulations
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Dig Lazarus Dig!
Cat Power, The Greatest

So that puts me at 59 out of 100.  I'm leaving Tuesday night (early morning) at 2 a.m.  So that gives me Saturday, Sunday, and part of Monday.  I don't know if I'll be able to pull it out, especially in light of the fact that tonight I am downloading the last three episodes of The Walking Dead Season 2.

In any case, I've had some pleasant surprises in the new music I've downloaded.  I've also had more than my share of duds.

Matthew Dear, as I recall, was especially good.

I'll be running around getting ready to leave over the next few days.  Then once I'm abroad, the Internet will be patchy, as Internet tends to be when traveling.  In any case, I'll be back in the states around July 14th or so.  If you don't hear from me before then, I'll resume my blogging then.

I'll probably get a chance to blog about poker.  I can't wait to sit down at a live table again and be bored off my ass waiting to flop a set.  Once a nit, always a nit.



No comments:

Post a Comment