Monday, June 18, 2012

Walking Dead Season 2

I really went on a run of good television shows lately.  Game of Thrones.  Game of Thrones Season 2.  Breaking Bad Seasons 3 and 4.

Now that I'm watching the Walking Dead Season 2, I can see a real drop off.  Weaker plot, weaker acting, just not as interesting.  But it's really not fair following up those two shows.  If I watched it first instead of last, I'd likely think it to be much better than I do at present.

Downloads now at 39/100.  Pace is good.  Added five albums today.

The Dismemberment Plan (3 albums): The Dismemberment Plan Is Terrified, Emergency & I, and Change.


Rancid, . . . And Out Come the Wolves


Fiona Apple, The Idler Wheel . . . 

I don't know much about Fiona Apple, despite her fame.  This album just came out, and all of the reviewers fell on their faces in sheer awe.  I've listened to the first three or four songs.  Pretty dramatic, but good.

Rancid's album has some songs that I liked a long time ago.  It also seemed like a fun album to get.

I was jumping from one music-review site to another and saw the Dismemberment Plan mentioned twice last night.  I don't think I'd ever heard of them before.  Anyhoo, Emergency & I and Change were both lauded as being genre-crossing and imaginative, so I got them as well.

Now I have a decent-sized stack of music that I am too busy to listen to . . . because I am downloading music so much.

Tomorrow I give my biggest class of students an all-essay exam (to keep them from cheating).  Several of them have gone to complain, in the vague hopes of getting me fired, so that they would get a test where they could just draw a circle around four options:

A

B

C

D

No multiple choice for you, fuckballs.  Write shit down on paper and have it make sense, or fail.

It is quite fun watching the desperation of students while they are taking a test that their minds can't handle, when I know full well that a group of them--Future Fs, I call them--have tried to remove me from my job.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment