Sunday, November 18, 2012

Food I Want to Eat When I Get Back Home

I'm finished with UAE for good and returning to the States in early July 2013.

I've returned home twice so far for summer vacation, and each time I had a craving for something ridiculous that I couldn't get in the UAE.

First time, I wanted Cap'n Crunch with red crunch berries--something that I hadn't eaten since childhood.  So why I would suddenly be craving it was beyond me.

To my shock and horror, I found out that Cap'n Crunch with red crunch berries no longer exists as I had once known it.

The new version looks like this:


Wtf?  Blue?  Purple?  Green?

Crunch berries are red.  Anyway, I bought a box and ate half of it, and then my craving was finished.  In my opinion, they fucked them up real bad.

The second time I returned to the states, I wanted to eat a bunch of hard-shell taco supremes from Taco Bell.

That craving lasted for about an hour after arrival.  I went straight from the airport to the nearest Taco Bell and ordered . . . and waited a full twenty minutes for them to make four tacos on their assembly line.  By the time I had them in front of me, I already regretted ordering them.

This time around, I anticipate a brand new craving.  Round Table pizza.  The King Arthur Supreme.


It is my favorite pizza of all time.  Unfortunately, I think Round Table restaurants are only open on the west coast.  So I might have to take a trip out to see my brother in Oakland to get this craving out of the way.

Of course, once I arrive in the states, I'll immediately start craving falafel.  But that should be easier to get over.

No comments:

Post a Comment