Saturday, October 13, 2012

Biggest Writing Day

Sat down today to write trying to be strict with myself.  Whenever I stood for any reason or did anything other than writing, I refused to count the time toward my 50-hour goal.  After I finished, I had 3 1/2 hours under my belt for the day, my best day this month.

As I see it now, I failed to notice that I was actually making two goals.  The obvious one was to write 50 hours of fiction.  So far, I am almost at the halfway point with 23 hours and 45 minutes completed.

To be on pace to hit 50, I should be at 21 hours and 40 minutes.  So I'm doing all right on that front.

The other goal was the match beer consumption with my writing.  The so-called "beer-hour."  That goal was going jusssst fiiiiiine . . . until I went to the pool party at the Hilton on Thursday night.

So now I really have to focus on finishing 50 hours this morning or the whole thing will be a big bucket of failure.

On the bright side, while writing chapter 2 I started working on a character that I really like.  The best part is I'm not sure whether this guy is good or evil or neutral.  I like not knowing.

Oh, and I saw a movie called "Arbitrage" starring Richard Gere.  Quite a good flick!  Without a doubt, it was the best movie that has been in the UAE since early September.  Then again, that's not saying much.

No comments:

Post a Comment