Friday, October 19, 2012

Romney's Best Jokes from the Al Smith Dinner

Obama and Romney were both at the Al Smith dinner recently, organized by New York Catholics, which essentially boils down to a jokefest.  I just watched it, and both Obama and Romney did well.  Here are Romney's best jokes.  (Obama's jokes don't really separate well from speech, so I am not including them here.)

Romney

Wearing a tux, Romney said that it was nice that he was able to "relax and wear what Ann and I wear around the house."

About being invited to the dinner party: "Usually when I get invited to gatherings like this it's just to be the designated driver."

He said he was thankful to have "someone who's a comforting presence without whom we wouldn't be able to go another day.  I have my beautiful wife Ann and [Obama] has Bill Clinton."

About how the media headlines that would follow the dinner: "Obama embraced by Catholics.  Romney dines with rich people."



No comments:

Post a Comment