Thursday, May 3, 2012

Avengers

The Avengers premiered in the United Arab Emirates today (Thursday).  Because I get today off each week, I checked it out.  My feelings coming out of the movie:

1.  It was pretty funny.  The crowd laughed a lot.

2.  The first third of the movie was really freaking slow.  The point of it was to show the superheroes trying to get along and failing repeatedly.

3.  The plot was fairly ho hum.

4.  The most interesting characters were the Hulk and Iron Man.

5.  I have no other observations.

I saw the Hulk movie directed by Ang Lee and liked it well enough.  In this movie, the Hulk is much improved. He tornadoes through scenes.

It wasn't the best superhero movie I've ever seen.  Also, far from the worst.

My entertainment options in the UAE boil down to staying at home, going to the mall, or seeing a movie.  I would probably take a pass on the Avengers in the States.  In the UAE, I can't miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment