Friday, June 15, 2012

20 out of 100

Music Downloading Goal: 100 new albums by June 26th

Progress: 20/100 (bold means downloaded, italics means I've listened to it)

Japandroids, Celebration Rock
Mount Eerie, Clear Moon
Kate Bush, 50 Words for Snow

Panda Bear, Tomboy

Hot Chip, In Our Heads (very fun dance album, I've heard)
The Weeknd, House of Balloons
John Maus, We Must Become the Pitiless Censors of Ourselves 
Tim Hecker, Ravedeath, 1972
Sufjan Stevens, The Age of Adz
Matthew Dear, Black City 

Panda Bear, Young Prayer (their first album)
Dinosaur Jr., Farm
The Tallest Man on Earth (four albums): Shallow Grave, Sometimes the Blues Is Just a Passing Bird, The Tallest Man on Earth (EP), and The Wild Hunt


Adding two more classics:


The Smiths, The Queen is Dead (always fun)
David Bowie, Ziggy Stardust (my favorite Bowie album)


as well as a couple of newer albums:


Kurt Vile, Smoke Ring for My Halo
Fuck Buttons, Tarot Sport


Time for a break from downloading--at least until bedtime, when I will probably queue up another half-dozen.  At this pace, I should finish my goal early.


Finished Breaking Bad, Season 4 today.  Really incredible last four episodes.  Ending was truly chilling.


Good stuff.  Hope you're doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment