Saturday, April 20, 2013

As the Semester Rolls Along

I find myself getting busier and busier as the semester rolls along, and this semester seems worse than any of the previous ones.  Perhaps that is only my imagination or my ability to forget how busy past semesters were.

In any case, I find myself busy most of the time now, and it manifested itself, as it tends to do, in sickness.  Illness is my body's way of telling me that I'm not being lazy enough.

And so, instead of writing the next Quincy chapters, I spent my days off doing very little.  Despite that, I remain sick.

The busy semester looks like it will force me to reevaluate my Quincy schedule.  Up until this month, I was able to add two or three new Quincy chapters every week.  For April, it has taken me slightly longer than a week to put up one new chapter.

Nevertheless, I have already imagined the ending, and I have the plot mapped out, with a little bit of wiggle room in case I run into something more fun than what I had planned.

On the movie front, I watched a flick last night called "Holy Smoke," which starred Kate Winslet and Harvey Keitel.  It is a movie by Jane Campion, of The Piano fame.  Anyhoo, two notable moments occurred in the movie, and I can't decide which one of them is more disturbing.  Maybe I should ask my students on their next quiz.

Question: In the movie Holy Smokes, which you haven't seen, which is more disturbing: Kate Winslet, in a moment of full frontal nudity, urinating down her leg, or Harvey Keitel wearing a red dress, red lipstick, and cowboy boots and lusting after Kate Winslet, who has just pissed herself?

(A)  A naked Kate Winslet pissing herself
(B)  Harvey Keitel in a red dress lusting after a urine-covered Kate Winslet
(C)  They are equally disturbing
(D)  There is nothing disturbing about any of that

4 comments:

  1. So you want me to eat what?

    I'm pretty sure that A is the correct answer because B is mostly normal and it's ok to still lust after someone even if they just gave themselves a golden shower. I mean, a regular H2O shower will clean that right up and you'll never have noticed in the first place.
    Also, I have nothing else to add

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the "Also, I have nothing else to add" thing. I think I'm going to steal that, forget I ever saw you write it, and then start believing that I made it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's disturbing about Kate Winslet nude and pissing on herself? (Keyword = nude)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I guess a nude Kate Winslet could be tossing pancakes and doing a spot-on Don Knotts impersonation while she is shitting herself, and in the end, I wouldn't notice or care.

    ReplyDelete