Thursday, March 28, 2013

Album Capsules--DJ Koze

DJ Koze

Amygdala

90/100

This album is as good as the album cover is bad, and just as whimsical.  I know the market for music by DJs is limited, but this is an excellent album full of variety, great beats, and humor.  Including Dan Snaith (Caribou, and previously Manitoba) and Matthew Dear (whose album Black City was excellent), as well as numerous other guest singers, Stefan Kozella, who is DJ Koze, made a tremendous album here.  I listened to it once, had a cigarette, and had to hear it again.  Once I finish typing this paragraph, I'll play it again.  It'll be one of those albums that no one has heard about in six months--or maybe six minutes--but Amygdala, in my often-drunk opinion, is the album of the year so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment