Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Album Capsules--Justin Timberlake

Justin Timberlake

The 20/20 Experience

72/100

So this is how it feels to get in touch with my feminine side.  Well, that and wearing women's underwear.  And having sex with men.  Okay, I haven't experienced those latter two things, but if I listen to this album enough, I fear that I might.  All kidding aside, with another Timbaland-assisted album, Justin Timberlake surprises here by forgoing the standard four-minute single with 12 tracks over 79-plus minutes, averaging more than 6 1/2 minutes per tune.  With many of the retro pop soul tunes, he ends with a lengthy "outro," often with an entirely different melody or, with "Suit & Tie" (video below), rap by Jay-Z.  Aside from song length, this is a typical, well-made pop album.  You know, the type of album from which you pluck a song or two for a mixtape . . . for someone who wants to get in touch with their feminine side.


1 comment:

  1. Next time I put on a dress and look pretty I'll put this shit on and Jam out

    ReplyDelete