Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Album Capsules--California X

California X

California X

70/100

As far as I can tell, this is a new band that sounds like Dinosaur Jr.  They are Dinosaur Jr. on a happy day.  If you have ever listened to Dinosaur Jr. and thought, God, I wish they would cheer up--well then California X is your wish come true.  Dinosaur Jr., by the way, is still making albums.  And they are better, despite their relatively sad tone.  But after listening to "Pond Rot" below, maybe you will disagree.  Maybe you will think that California X are the god-kings of Dinosaur Jr.  Interesting observation on your part.  Now I doubt everything I've written here.  (Meanwhile, you're sitting there wondering what the hell a Dinosaur Jr. is.  If so, think of indie rock with lots of lead guitar, loud and fuzzy.)



2 comments:

  1. Man, I'm going to have to listen now just to get my D.Jr fix!

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea. Dinosaur Jr. is awesome.

    ReplyDelete