Sunday, January 13, 2013

Results from My Uninformed, Professional Picks

Before this week's NFL playoffs, I made uninformed, professional picks on all of the games.  I advised readers to divide their net worth into quarters and to bet one quarter on each of these four games.

Baltimore Ravens +9 at Denver

Green Bay Packers +2 1/2 at San Francisco

Atlanta Falcons -2 1/2 vs. Seattle

Houston Texans + 9 1/2 at New England

The results of the first two games are in.  In the Ravens-Broncos game, the Ravens--my pick--not only covered the 9-point spread, but they managed to win in double overtime 38-35.

For this win, I credit my blossoming genius.  To a lesser extent, I acknowledge that the Ravens did a pretty good job of pressuring Peyton Manning, the Broncos QB, even though I am not sure whether the Ravens did much pressuring of Peyton Manning, in which case all of the credit for their win belongs to me.

In the second game, the Niners' QB, whose name I do not know, supposedly ran wild against the Packers, who I had picked +2 1/2 points.  The final score turned out to be 45-31 in favor of San Francisco.  

For this loss, I blame the Green Bay coaching staff, its players, the team's play-calling, and their baffling desire to fail, especially when one-quarter of your net worth has been bet on their success.

No comments:

Post a Comment