Monday, January 21, 2013

Results of this Week's Uninformed, Professional Picks

Well, if you had taken my advice this week and bet half of your net worth on each of the following games--

Atlanta Falcons +4 vs. San Francisco 49ers

Baltimore Ravens +8 1/2 at New England Patriots

--you would've pushed in the first game and won the second, thereby increasing your net worth by 50 percent.  Congrats!

Of course, if you'd followed my advice during the first week of playoffs, you would've ended up losing half of your net worth.  Which is your fault.

How could you let yourself be duped like that?  You should only take my winning advice.  When I give you losing advice, please do us all a favor and do not place that bet, no matter how much I insist.

At the end of the day, if you had followed all of my advice, you would currently be sitting on 75 percent of your net worth, compared with 100 percent of your net worth if you had chosen to ignore all of my advice.

So there's that.  Losing is the price you pay for winning, I guess.

Anyhoo, we've got one game left, which means that you've got one more chance at redemption.  Don't screw up!  I advise you to bet your entire net worth on this game.

San Francisco -4 vs. Baltimore

(Please note that I will not be able to tell you until after the game whether I am giving you winning advice or losing advice.)


2 comments:

  1. sound advice. if trends are anything to go by (2/4 then 3/4 [effectively]) you will be 100% correct on this occasion. i will lump on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't tell me that. You might convince me to take the shitty advice of an internet know-it-all (me).

    ReplyDelete